sponsor

Friday, March 6, 2015

They broke the door down.

Whenever the FDNY goes out on a call for an unresponsive person locked inside the apartment, they don't usually call a locksmith to open the door, they usually break the door down either with a sludge hammer or they use their heavy craw bars to wedge the door open. Either method they use they usually damage the door beyond repair. So we received a call at abbaslocksmith last week from one of our commercial account management company. They told us to go to an address on Yellowstone Blvd to see if we could secure an apartment door that the fire department broke down.  I got to the location and saw the apartment door bent out of shape. There was no repairing it. Since the tenant had been taken to the hospital I had to secure the apartment, so I went ahead and straighten out the frame and door as much as I could in order to install a Jimmy proof deadbolt on it. Once I had the apartment secured I took measurements of the door and ordered a new fire rated door.  Usually a Kalamine fire rated door can cost between $650-$900 depending on the size and hardware. I requested a rush delivery and thanks to Supreme fire proof door company in the Bronx I was able to receive my door within a week. Usually it takes two to three weeks. They equipped the door for me with a peep hole chime, a mortise lock, an iron insert frame and spring loaded hinges. @abbaslocksmith we are able to repair, replace and refurbish any type of door.  For the quickest door delivery just call 24 hrs, 516-362-1459. Our clients have used our door service in Rego Park, Forest Hills, Corona, Woodhaven, and Elmhurst.  Abbaslocksmith deals with fire rated doors, wood frames and doors, Kalamine, hallow metal, and fiber glass doors on a regular bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment