sponsor

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Locksmith stops a burglar

Today I stopped a burglar from breaking into a single mother's apartment.  So I was working in my shop at Abbaslocksmith when a lady came in all panicked.  I asked her can I help you? She said yeah I need a pad lock for my apartment, I asked her you mean a deadbolt? She started crying and sobbed something that sounded like "I don't know someone is trying to come into my apartment".  I knew right away that she was distressed and I needed to consul her and calm her down.  So I told her right away that don't worry you have come to the right place, I will be able to help you out. So I took her over to the display  table I have in the shop where I keep locks that we apply to doors on display. So right away she saw the locks that she has on her door and pointed them out to me.  So it turned out she had two jimmy proof deadbolts on her door but she only had key to one of them.  So I told her that everything will be ok and from what she is telling me she only needs the cylinders.  So hearing that she started to calm down and started to tell me what had happened. According to her yesterday she returned from work and picking up her son to find her apartment door wide open with her dog sitting on the sofa scared stiff.  As you would guess she almost had a heart attack.  Luckily nothing was missing in the apartment.  She called the cops they came investigated made her feel very small and left.  So I asked her did you just move in? she said yes. Did you changed your locks? No I didn't she replied. Well to me that is the first mistake she made.  Locksmith advice number one change your lock as soon as you move your stuff into a new apartment.  Upon hearing this I suggested that we install one high security cylinder in the top lock and regular cylinder in the bottom cylinder. She chose the Mul-t-Lock as her high security cylinder and a segal cylinder as her regular.  She paid me at the store with her credit card.  In twenty minutes I went over and did the installation.  While installing the cylinders she told me that last night someone had attempted to come in to the apartment again because she herd the top lock click open but the middle lock which she had no keys for was locked so the door did not open. Apparently whoever was trying to come in also did not have the keys for the middle lock, Thank God.
We service the greater Queens area, including Flushing, Corona, Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Rego Park, Woodhaven, Whitestone, College Point, Bayside, and many other neighborhoods. Please take your security serious because its the only thing that you have control over as far as how much of or how little your should have.  Most locksmiths offer free advisement on home security options and if they don't they are not really locksmiths, so please don't hire them.  Call your local locksmith and ask them to come to your house or apartment to analyze how secure you are.  If no other locksmith comes to do the service you can always count on www.abbaslocksmith.com for a free advisement on home security. 


2 comments:

  1. I asked her you mean a deadbolt? She started crying and sobbed something that sounded like "I don't know someone is trying to come into my apartment". I knew right away that she was distressed and I needed to consul her and calm her down. So I told her right away that don't worry you have come to the right place, locksmith in zionsville indiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric The Locksmith are surely aware of the fact that there is always a chance that there is a significant difference between what one or another company claims that they can provide and how they operate in reality. For this reason, our visitors are allowed to rate each and every company and thus let everyone know about their good and bad experience.

    ReplyDelete