sponsor

Friday, March 13, 2015

Lever handle in Gymboree.

Today I would like to tell you about how to get the best out of your locksmith service.  So many of my service calls involve clients calling to either have their locks changed or new locks installed.  Me being the professional locksmith that I am always end up doing extra work besides what they paid for because I always want my clients to rememnber me for a positive experience.  So if I install a deadbolt lock I always check the hinges on the door and if necessary tighten them up. There are locksmiths that are sub contractors they want to be in and out as fast as possible for that reason they don't bother checking other aspects of the door. So it is up to the client to ask the locksmith to check the frame, hinges, saddle, and so forth.  Now when I go to clients to either rekey or change their cylinders there has been times I have walked off the job. Why you ask? Well this one client in Bayside wanted me to rekey all her locks around her house. So she had three dead bolts and three knob sets. These locks were the standard level one kwikset locks you get at home depot. So her total was going to be about $350, I told her that it wasn't worth rekeyong those locks because they are not so secure and not that sturdy. She would not try to understand me. So I went and brought out some Arrow tubular deadbolts and some Mul-t-Lock deadbolts just so cn show her the comparison. So the difference between the arrow deadbolts was about $105 more then the rekeys and the Mul-t-Lock was a difference of about $900. So after showing her all her choices she still felt like it was ok to rekey the kwiksets so I refused to do the job, maybe I was wrong but know for sure that I was thinking of her safety because after all that I even offered her the arrows for the same price as the rekey but she wouldn't budge. So anyways after some thought I agreed to rekey the locks under objection off course.  After all the client should get what they want.  So back to getting the most out of your locksmith, no matter if you live in Corona, Flushing, Elmhurst, Whitestone, Woodhaven, Rego Park or Astoria you have the right to make sure all your security needs are looked at when the locksmith is in your house. So if your locksmith is changing your cylinder have him/her lubricate the lock and make sure it's in working condition before he puts it back.  And remember people just like everything in this world locks need maintenance also, so every year have abbaslocksmith check your locks it's free.
Today I had the pleasure of installing a lever handle for the Gymboree in Forest Hills. This lever handle operated a push bar exit device.

No comments:

Post a Comment